Do you want to know how to connect PS3 controller to PC Windows? Then you are at right page. Keep reading.
The PS3 is a very great console but to connect PS3 controller to PC is a tough task. People prefer playing some Play Station 3 games on a PC with the help of a controller than with a Keyword. However, the DualShock 3 isn’t the easiest controller to get working on the PC. But the Xbox controller is much easier to connect with a Windows PC. So why do people want to connect PS3 controller to PC? There is something that the DualShock 3 has that makes it the best choice for playing games on a PC. It has pressure sensitive analog face buttons.
There are some things that you are going to need if you want to use a PS3 controller on PC. There are a couple of software and a mini-USB cable that you are going to need. And once you connect PS3 controller on Windows 10, you can play a lot of games by downloading PS3 emulator. A PS3 controller on PC can be the easy task for play PlayStation3 game on Windows. So we are going to discuss how to connect ps3 controller to PC.
Things you need:
- DualShock 3 Controller
- Mini USB Cable
- Bluetooth Dongle (optional)
Now, there are some things you have to keep in mind before trying to connect PS3 controller on PC. You will have to update some of the required drivers and .net framework on your Windows PC.
- When you connect your PS3 controller Windows 10 on PC with the help of USB, the PC will install a set of drivers.
- You will need to check your current drivers by searching for “driverquery” in Command Prompt.
- Now, check for the official Xbox 360 PC driver, Visual C++, and Net Framework 4.0. For Windows 10 users, the Xbox driver will install automatically. But you will need to install it manually if you are using an older version of the OS.
Guide to Connect PS3 Controller on PC Windows 10
If you have completed the above steps and checked the things that you need to take care of, then we can start the main part of the process. The main process includes downloading and installing the SCP Driver Package. It is the primary software that you are going to need if you want to use PS3 controller driver windows 10. The process is really easy and you only have to follow the steps to use the DualShock 3 on your PC. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- First of all, you will have to download the SCP toolkit. For that, head over to the download page from this link and then you need to click on the download link.
- Click on the setup download link on the page and the SCP toolkit will be downloaded on your PC Windows 10.
- The file will be a compressed one so you will need a decompression tool like 7-zip if you are using an older Windows such as Windows 7. But Windows 10 has a native tool for that.
- Once the file is downloaded, extract it and double-click on it to start the setup and installation.
- You will need to allow to run it as an administrator to install.
- It will ask you to open the software and you will have to open it. The software will actually install additional drivers.
- If the PC doesn’t show the prompt then search for SCP using the Run command and then select ScpToolkit Driver Installer.
- The next step in How to use PS3 Controller on PC is to run the installer which will open a window.
- Make sure all the boxes are checked as in the above screenshot including the one stating Force Driver Installation.
- You will see an option called Choose DualShock 3 drop-down menu. Find it and then select DualShock 3 controller. There will be different options as well for Bluetooth or wireless play.
- Finally, click on “Install” to install the installer and to make you able to use PS3 Controller on PC.
- This will start installing all the files and it will automatically configure all of them so that you can use your PS3 Controller on PC Windows 10.
- When the process is complete, you will be able to use the PlayStation controller on PC.
- You can now plug it anytime and then play it whenever you want.
This is how you can easily connect your PS3 Controller on PC. These steps are really easy and you can carry them out without any trouble. One of the things you need to take care of is that you should have a stable and fast(high-speed) internet connection to download and install the toolkit and all the required and necessary files.
Step to Connect PS3 Controller Windows 10 using Bluetooth:
Apart from the previous method of using the ScpToolkit driver, there is also another method to connect PS3 controller on PC Windows 10. It is by using a Bluetooth dongle but you will have to follow the previous method first in order for this to work. If you are not so into the wired business and like to play wireless, then a Bluetooth dongle is the way.
Now, the process is simple enough and doesn’t involve any complex steps. First of all, follow the above steps and then turn your PC’s Bluetooth ON. If it doesn’t have the feature, then use the Bluetooth Dongle. Once you have finished the ScpToolkit installation steps, unplug your PS3 Controller.
It will then automatically sync itself with Bluetooth and you should get a notification in the System Tray. This also works when you reboot your PC. When you restart your PC, let the SCP Toolkit run and then connect the controller. Unplug it after you see the LED and it will automatically connect via Bluetooth.
That’s it for the Bluetooth method of how to get PS3 Controller to Work on PC. If the Bluetooth method doesn’t work, then the dongle isn’t supported. If you encounter any problem, contact us and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can with the help that you need.
We have shared all the working trick to connect PS3 controller to PC and this also works for you. If you get any problem then comment below. We have shared PS3 Emulator APK download guide. Till then stay connected and share this post on social media.